The City’s priority continues to be providing a range of services and support to the community, many of which could be viewed as essential. We are focused on ensuring we support the community through this extended period of uncertainty.
Do you need assistance or know someone who does? Enquire about the Seniors Commonwealth Home Support Program by calling 1800 200 422 or visit MyAgedCare online.
Here's what we are doing to assist our local seniors through this time:
- Linking community members with volunteer organisations requests for helping vulnerable people
- Calling and emailing to over 1000 seniors to ‘check in'
If you need one-off assistance and do not have someone who can help you, please call our Community Development team on 9477 7149.
The BASE Youth Centre has reopened for drop-in services with strict physical distancing and additional health and hygiene measures in place. Please note there is a maximum of 20 patrons in The BASE at one time with a one in one out policy applied.
Connection is especially important at this time. You can use any of these details to get in touch with The BASE:
- Call 9479 5794
- Call or text 0447 348 186
- Email email@example.com
- Message their Facebook or Instagram accounts
Staff are available 10am - 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Ensuring the City’s young people have access to case management support is essential. Where necessary, face-to-face connection while observing social distancing recommendations is available.
The City of Belmont's Safeguarding Families Service for victims of family and domestic violence continues, offering some of the City’s most vulnerable people access to help during a challenging time. Phone and face-to-face counselling is available as part of this service. Contact 13 7824.
The City of Belmont has put together a range of support focused on the needs of our business owners to help them manage business disruption associated with coronavirus (COVID-19).
Here's what we are doing to assist our local businesses through this time:
- To help local businesses reopen or recover from COVID-19, the City has launched of the new COVID-19 Belmont Business Innovation Grant. We have made it easier than ever for local businesses to apply and receive a grant for up to $2000 (conditions apply). To get started just tell us how you plan to adapt or innovate your current business activities. Click here to apply.
- The City has partnered with Business Foundations to offer one-on-one advisory sessions regarding business challenges during COVID-19. This can be delivered online or over the phone if required and will provide an hour of tailored advice. For further details 9477 7222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City of Belmont businesses can promote their goods and services to the City’s community via the Belmont Business Talk Facebook Group.
- The City runs the Belmont Business Innovation Grant (BBIG) program which is designed to encourage the development of new and innovative practices and products in small businesses in the City of Belmont. Grants up to a maximum of $10,000 are available to businesses that are based in the City of Belmont with 20 or fewer full time employees.
Our Community Development team has been in regular contact and sharing information with community groups and networks to ensure awareness of current status of organisations providing services for example, financial counselling, emergency response etc. If you require assistance, the team can be contacted on 9477 7219
While there is a lot of uncertainty, you can rest assured that our Ranger and Community Safety teams continue to work to provide peace of mind to our residents. Our Community Watch vehicles will continue to patrol the City to discourage anti-social behaviour and provide assistance to our community. The team can be contacted on 1300 655 011, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Crime Stoppers can be contacted on 1800 333 000 or via their website. In an emergency, always contact police on 000 or 131 444.