The City of Belmont is undertaking a review of its ward system to comply with the requirements of the Local Government Act 1995 (the Act). This is to review the ward boundaries and the number of Councillors for each ward.
The public are encouraged to participate in the review and invited to make submissions, to the City, as to the most appropriate and effective ward structure and the number of Councillors for the City. Click here to view the existing ward boundaries.
A discussion paper has been prepared by the City to provide information on the ward and representation review process and examples of options for discussion purposes. Download a copy of the Discussion Paper – Ward and Representation Review 2020.
The City invites public submissions and comments outlining options for change. All options put forward will be considered as part of the review process.
The review will include consideration of the following factors:
- Community of Interest
- Physical and Topographical Features
- Demographic Trends
- Economic Factors
- Ratio of Council Members to electors.
Submissions are to be provided by 5:00pm Friday, 16 October 2020.
Submissions can be:
- Made via Belmont Connect here;
- Emailed to Belmont@belmont.wa.gov.au (titled ‘Ward Review’);
- Handed in in person to 215 Wright Street Cloverdale, Western Australia; or
- Posted to the City at Locked Bag 379 Cloverdale WA 6985.
Survey now closed
From the discussion paper, which example did you most preferred?
This poll has concluded.